SAVE THE DATE !
June 25 2018 – Brussels (Belgium)
1st European conference
‘BIM and energy performance of buildings’
Auditorium Hadewijch (close to Brussels North train station) 9:00 – 17:00
Context of this conference
The market uptake of BIM (Building Information Modelling) is rapidly growing in nearly all European countries and one can assume that this trend will continue and even accelerate in the coming years.
In practice, there was until recently in most countries little to no attention for BIM as a support tool for the regulatory assessment of the energy performance of buildings. A smart use of BIM can be a win-win situation for both areas, whereby there surely are still several bottlenecks and challenges ahead of us.
This first conference aims to present the status of BIM and opportunities and challenges regarding BIM use for the regulatory assessment of the energy performance of buildings. The aim is also to explore possibilities and challenges for an accelerated interaction/integration.
The programme will cover visions of needs, on-going research and development work as well as demos of already existing solutions and panel discussions.
The programme will include a series of presentations, demos and panel discussions:
– Status of the revision of the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive
– History of BIM developments & expectations for the future
– BIM implementation in EU member states and other regions and expected developments
– Product and system modelling with BIM
– Application of BIM to the assessment of energy performance of buildings
– Horizon 2020 support for BIM in energy efficient buildings
– Could we rethink the French building legislation in the context of BIM?
– Standardisation challenges for the energy performance assessment in a BIM context
– Panel discussion “Construction 4.0 and BIM”
– Panel discussion “BIM and the energy performance of buildings assessment”
– 3 demonstrations on various aspects of BIM in practice
– Interactive voting sessions
This conference is organised by INIVE EEIG on behalf of the QUALICHeCK platform (www.qualicheck-platform.eu)